V-Ray for Maya is one of the latest developments by Chaos Group. Developed to meet the needs of the most demanding VFX & Film studios around the world, the rendering engine delivers uncompromised stability, interactivity, ease of use and unprecedented speed. Now, V-Ray for Maya enables the rendering of even larger scenes with greater complexity and artists can rely on a faster rendering process.
Pricing - $1,295.00 – includes 1 hardware lock
For quantities of 3 or more, call for quote.
Upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 - $280.00
Crossgrade from V-Ray for Max – call for pricing
Educational licensing – call for quotations
Student/Teacher Educational license
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
Chaos Group products are licensed per machine and with one V-Ray for Maya license you can start and use V-Ray GUI and tools inside Maya platform, start one local render job, speed up rendering with up to 10 render slaves for Distributed rendering using V-Ray Standalone, speed up rendering with up to 10 render nodes using Maya batch. Also you can do everything that 10 Standalone licenses allow you.
System requirements -
• A SSE2- capable processor (Intel Pentium IV or later);
• 2 GB RAM minimum;
• A supported operating system:
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
• Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP1 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
• Microsoft® Windows 7® 32-bit or 64-bit;
• Fedora™ or compatible distributions;
• Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.3 WS (64-bit);
• Apple® Mac OS® X 10.4.9 or higher for CPU rendering;
• Apple® Mac OS® X 10.6.5 or higher for CPU and GPU rendering;
• Maya 2008 or later (32- or 64-bit);
Note: MAC versions of V-Ray 2.0 for Maya 2008, 2009 and 2010 doesn't support GPU rendering